– Welcome to this rundown
of the most insane mountain bike crashes. Now, every week on the Dirt Shed Show, we’re being sent videos and clips of the mistakes you’ve
made out on the trail. Hey, you know, we all do it, but this is our chance to
celebrate the very best worst riding you guys
have been getting up to. Now, I’m gonna give away a prize to the one we choose
as our favourite today, and to do that, I need a guest judge. So I’m bringing in none other than Blake “Bing Bong” Samson. Mate, you ready–
– We got matching jerseys? – Yeah, we should have, um, we should’ve talked about that. – Yeah, we should’ve. – We should’ve talked about that. – Now, you ready for some mayhem? – Yes. – Alright, man, let’s get into it. – [Cameraman] Get as
much speed as you can. Don’t go on that on, come on this one. Go, go, go, go, go, go. You okay? Did Dennis tell you to– – Did Dennis tell you to, what? – What? – What did Dennis tell you to do? – What didn’t Dennis tell him? – Look at the state of his body position over a small jump. – That’s actually very good body position, if you’re doing gymnastics. (hosts laughing) – Not on a mountain bike. – Go go go go go!
(Blake laughing) Go as fast as you can. Don’t go on that one, go on this one. You okay?
– You can’t just say– – Go go go go go go. Go as fast as you can. – Not that one, this one. (Martyn laughing)
Are you okay? Let’s play that again.
– That’s so good. – [Cameraman] Gotta have
as much speed as you can. Don’t go on that one, come on this one. Go, go, go, go, go, go. You okay? Did Dennis tell you to– – Did Dennis tell you to pull up? – Who is Dennis?
– Yeah. – And where was he? – [Cameraman] Gather as
much speed as you can. Don’t go on that one, come on this one. Go, go, go, go, go, go. – [Blake] (laughing) Oh my God. – [Cameraman] You okay? Did Dennis tell you to–
– Dennis! Where were you? – Dennis! – Where were you, Dennis? You could’ve helped your mate out. Look at him. He’s a pile of mess. – [Cameraman] Don’t go on
that one, come on this one. Go go go go go, go. You okay? Did Dennis tell you to–
– Dennis! (Blake wheezing laughs) – It’s like he’s never
ridden a bike before and he’s just got it
rollin’ and he’s like, now you got it, now do this jump! – Yeah (exhales slowly). – [Cameraman] Gather as
much speed as you can. Don’t go on that one, come on this one. – What one?
– Go go go go go, go. – Oh my God.
– Are you okay? Did Dennis tell you to–
– Did Dennis tell you? – No, no, I’m not okay.
– Yeah. – That is amazing.
– Yeah. – Special. Special.
– It’s brilliant. – Sent in from Ani Agolo. It’s his friend, Drew
Patarney, taking a hit there, and, of course, Dennis.
– Dennis! Who’s Dennis?
– Who is Dennis? (Blake high-pitched giggles) You’ve got a beautiful laugh. – Thank you.
– Now, we’ve all been in this situation where you see a little river gap and we think we can take it on. I mean, there’s nothing more enticin’ than a bit of water to
ride through, is there? – Oh yeah, especially on a hot day. – Yeah, we love that as riders. So, you ready for this one?
– Yes. – Okay.
– Please. – Poor Haleigh. But she’s in for a chance of
winning something good here. Okay, let me take you through it, right. Nervous? – For her, yes.
– Here we go. – ‘Cause it’s quite a steep bank. – Come on, Haleigh. Come on. Now, what you shouldn’t do is sit down. – [Blake] No, you
shouldn’t be sitting down. – Oh, oh! Oh!
(Blake laughs) Did you hear that splat? – [Blake] Why would you wanna
do a belly flop in the lake, little river, like that? – That’s like the perfect
belly flop, innit? – I know, it is perfect.
– Should we go one more go? – Yeah.
– Let’s go one more. – Listen to that sound, plop! – Come on, come on, Haleigh. She gets it wrong every time.
– Yeah, what? (Martyn vocalises splashing)
(Blake groans) (hosts laugh) – Aw, Haleigh. – I hope she’s laughing
and that’s laughter, and not crying. – She’s laughing. She’s takin’ it in good humour, fair play. Thanks for sending it in. You’re in with a chance of winning, but let’s get on to
our next hot contender. Next one is from Fenner. He’s part of the Dirt Riders Crew in the southeast of England, near us. This one’s special.
– Is it? – This one’s special. You ever seen a Chewbacca
out on a mountain bike? – (laughs) No. – It’s all gonna make sense in a minute. Man, watch this. – (chuckling) Good rolling start. – It’s gonna hit at the new line. – Oh, he’s hitting the new, oh. That’s, okay.
– He’s happy. – Is that his first go?
– He’s really happy. – [Blake] He’s going for it, alright. – Yeah.
– He’s having fun. – Yeah. (upbeat rock music)
– Ooh, it’s a double. He’s going fast. – [Cameraman] Gets windy. – [Martyn] Bit of a expletive there. – It’s windy.
– Yeah. – It’s windy.
– It’s windy. – [Blake] That’s a grow gap. (Martyn grunts)
Ooh, he was like (grunts). Where’s he going? – Oh, it’s so windy.
– It’s windy. Probably stop then. – Yeah, why isn’t he stopping? (Martyn gasps) (Martyn groans) – That’s a big, he’s not moving. – Wait for it.
– He’s not moving. (Cameraman groans loudly) – I get Chewbacca now. Oh, yeah, hate that feeling. I hate that feeling. I hate that feeling. (Martyn laughs) (Blake groans) It’s still going? (Martyn laughs) Oh my gosh, this is a terrible noise now. (Cameraman groaning loudly) He’s finding it funny. – [Friend] That is the worst
thing in the world, mate. – Yeah, worst thing in
the world, he said it. (hosts laughing) Whoa. Don’t you think wind is
getting the worst thing? It took his time to get his breath then. You hear it, it’s like, quiet, like birds cheeping and
then (dramatic groaning). – Nearly lost my breath. (clears throat) Now, I wanna
somethin’ really clear, right. Fenner sent us that video,
– Okay. – And he said he’s fine, he’s just winded. – Oh, that’s good.
– And he even put smiley face emojis at
the end of his email. – Did he go and hit it again? – I don’t know (laughing). – In the wind?
– I don’t know, but that is one of the… There’s nothing worse
than being winded, man. – No, nothing. – There is nothing worse.
– I can’t, that’s horrible. – Wow. – At least he’s alright. – That’s gonna be hard to beat, innit? – Yeah, to beat the sound. (scratching fabric) – Okay, here we go. – Well, this one’s
coming in from Tom Black from Victoria Park down in New Zealand. – Yes.
– Christchurch. – Yes.
– And he’s riding a seesaw but not the way you’re supposed to, though. Let’s have a look at this. – Oh, I’m scared, I’m scared. – Oh, I don’t want to see it, either. – It’s high, as well.
– It is a high one. – Oh, I hope it tilts. Oh, it does tilt. (crashing)
(Martyn groaning) Oh, nice.
– He got spat out the front door. – Well, you know, when
you got out your seat, you gotta keep straight. You must keep straight.
– You need to come in slower, as well.
– (groans) He’s blown it. He’s blown it, let’s take another look. Here he comes.
– He’s coming in. – Now, wait a minute.
– He’s coming quite fast. The thing just goes (vocalises smashing). Out the front door.
– Boom. – Out the front door. – Ah, Tom, good effort.
– Well done. – Good effort. You’re gonna get a see-saw
wrong, that’s how you do it. – Yeah, that’s the best
way to get it wrong. – I really did, I liked it. I’m freaked out by how stupid we look in the camera in the same top. – Yeah (laughing). – I haven’t really
recovered from seeing that. – This is a fail. – You should’ve rang me. Man.
– I think we look cute. – I don’t wanna look cute with you. (Blake laughs) I’ve got something special
for you now, Blake, right. This one is Greg Bess. Okay, now, I love this one because he comes into it with so much enthusiasm. He’s hyped about jumping this stream. – I’ll bet he is.
– He shouldn’t be. – Okay.
– Watch this. (hosts laughing) (hosts inhale sharply) (Martyn vocalises impact) Look at that bike flex. – [Blake] He looks fine–
(hosts cry out) Out of frame.
(Martyn laughing) Did you see his bike flex? – Sometimes you don’t need
to see what happens next. His whole chain stay,
seat stays, are jerking. – You can zoom in on that seat stay. – Should we have a little look? – Yeah.
– Let’s have a look. Let’s have a look. – Zoom in on that seat stay. Watch it. (Martyn vocalises impact) It moves an inch or something. Oh. – Well, you know what, right, sad story is, Greg’s fine, – Good.
– But the bike broke. – Sad story.
– That is a sad story but, he fixed it with some carbon bandage, which is a thing apparently.
– Okay. – I’ve never heard of carbon bandage. – I wanna try this stuff. – I don’t think you can try it on people. It’s for bikes. It’s for bikes, Blake. – Right, next one. (hosts laughing) – I got a little bit of
snot coming out my nose. – (laughs hysterically) You can see it. (Martyn inhales with a whistle) (Blake laughs) – Next one is from Kevin Dietrich. His friend, Alex, taking
a bit of a drop off. I’ve not seen this one.
– You’ve not? – No, I don’t know, this
one’s good, apparently. Let’s take a look at it. – Oh my–
– Ready? – Yeah, I’m ready.
– Here we go. (hard colliding)
(rider groans) (hard colliding)
(rider groans) Wow. – Whoa, play it again. (hard colliding)
(rider groans) Did he break his bike? (hard colliding)
(rider groans) – Wow.
(Blake laughs) I think that with a beat could be good. – That with a beat and
some of that carbon tape. – Let’s try it. (rock music) (loud groaning) That is quality, Kevin. – That, wow.
– That’s what that was. – Thanks for sending in that. That’s a good one. – You might’ve just won yourself a prize. – Maybe.
– Short but sweet. That’s why we like ’em. – Next one. (slimy slurping)
(Martyn groans) (Blake laughs) (microphone interference)
(Blake groans) – Kyle Chapman, from East UK.
– There’s snow. – [Martyn] Up north. Beautiful snow. (hosts groaning) Come up a bit short there.
– A bit? – You nearly did it!
– You nearly done it? (Blake stammers) – I’ll tell you what, I can prove he didn’t nearly do it, because we got another angle. Here he comes. Same result, I’m afraid. Come on, Kyle.
– Come, Kyle. – [Martyn] You need to get the speed up. Get the speed up.
– More speed. (hosts groaning) He did not nearly have that. – [Martyn] To be fair,
he didn’t nearly have it. – 100% not. I’ll put money on it. – But, spectacular.
– Insane. – There’s nothing like seeing a bike absolutely wedge itself
across a landing like that. – And then spit you off. – Somehow stay in one piece. He’s lucky he didn’t snap into two pieces. – That’s an expensive bike, that. – Well, I’ll tell you what,
it was quite a hot contender. It come in there at the end. But, Blake, that’s it, right. That’s our list of runners. So, what you gonna do with it? – I don’t know.
– Because I want you to pick a winner and
give one of these guys a GMBN goodie bag–
– Or girl. – Or girl. Yeah, we’ve got a great contender there, in Haleigh, at the start. – Which I think is my favourite. – Well, wait, wait,
just have some patience. I’m gonna give you a little rundown of the top ten and you
can make your choice. (upbeat surfer rock music) – [Cameraman] Oh my gosh. – [Cameraman] Come on this one. Go go go go go, go. You okay?
– Dennis! (upbeat surfer rock music) (groaning) (loud heaving) (video game pixelated music) (impersonated groaning) – You just landed and begins. – I’m ticklish. (Blake laughs) – That’s just laughing. (Martyn groaning) That just sounds like I’m gonna be sick. – Yeah. (Martyn gasps hoarsely) You smell like WD-40. – Aw, there’s some
spectacular videos in there. What’s your favourite?
(Blake gasps) Come on, pick a winner. – Miss Smith. The belly flop. Right in the water. This much water, big splash,
and she was still laughing. – She was laughing. Right at the top of the show. Now, I’ve got a dilemma, ’cause
I wasn’t gonna say Haleigh. As good as it was, I was gonna say Fenner. You know, with the, like, he was winded, and he had the Wookie sound.
– Yeah. – Every time I watch
that, it makes me cry. With laughter.
(hosts laughing) I think that’s the best one. Well, we’ve come to a bit of thing. – A bit of an en passe. – I think we should leave it up to them. The viewers vote. Miss Smith, or Fenner? – Oh, I like it. In a poll up there,
– Yes. – Above Blake’s head, you get to pick the winner. They get a GMBN goodie bag,
with some little special treats from our sponsors. It’s all up to you. – And the winner will be announced on this week’s Dirt Shed
Show, so you better watch it. It’s out Friday. – Get involved.
– Yes. – Get involved with the winner. Well, look, we’ve been watching some amazing crashes there, Blake. Like, say, have you ever had a crash, make these guys feel better,
have you ever had a crash like what we’ve been watching? – I have been winded before
and it is the worst thing ever. I did a wheelie and I was clipped in, right back in the day, learning clips. What put me off clips. Landed on my back and I was out. I was just like, this is the worst. Trying to gasp for air, horrible. – You know what, I can
prove it’s the worst. This is a really ghastly story but this is all about insane
mountain bike crashes, right? In the accident I had
that broke my back, right? Okay, and put me in a wheelchair, okay? I landed on the ground
and I instantly knew I was paralysed. Right?
– Wow. – A split second later, I
instantly knew I was winded. (hosts laughing) It hurts that much.
– Just to top it off? – I literally didn’t care about being paralysed at that point. All I could think was,
oh my God, I’m winded. It’s that bad. There’s nothing worse than being winded. What about, what’s your worst crash ever? You know, like, the one that’s legendary? What about breaking your leg on that 360? – But you know what, though? That sound of snapping a leg,
(Martyn groans) it ricochets through my
brain right now still. – That made me vom a little
bit when you said that. – It sounds horrible, but it didn’t hurt. Funny. It went warm. It went all hot, like there
was warm water on my leg. – I’ve done it with my ankle. I’ve folded my ankle over really bad, it didn’t break, actually, but
then it went freezing cold, and I thought,
– That’s not good. – That’s not good. That’s not good. Terrible. I mean, what can we
learn from these videos? I mean, I guess, you’ve gotta practise.
– Wear protection. – Protection, great point. – At least wear a helmet. Everyone in these videos,
they’ve got pads on. They’ve got helmets on. I mean, that’s critical.
– Yeah. – You know, if you’re not wearing a helmet then you’re a ding bat.
– You’re a bonker. – But I don’t really
think we get many people watching GMBN that are going
out riding not wearing helmets. – No, no.
– That’s not happening. – No. Protection, that’s key. But I mean, if you take a hit like that, how’d you get back on the bike? Let’s think of a really useful
thing we can do with this. We’ve crashed our bike. Do we just get back on and try again? Do we forget it, are we not good enough? What do we do? – Well, my dad’d say get
straight back on that horse and do it again. – Wow, that’s determination. – Yeah, but I had to. – What if your confidence is gone? I mean, I’ve found that when
I’ve tried to do a trick, or a certain stunt,
and I’ve made a mistake and I’ve really thought
it’s not my ability, I think I can do it, but it’s gone wrong. Is it just because I need to rethink it and go back to the drawing board? Sometimes, you just gotta
like, plan differently, because you’re not doing it right. – Break it down a bit. Break down the trick. – Break it down into pieces. I always used to do that with trials. That’s really useful.
– You break it all down, you figure out where you went wrong. – Exactly.
– Then you figure that out, and then you do it. – You know what, there’s a
lot to learn from crashing. It’s not a mistake unless, you know, you choose to stick with it. If you move on from that point, it might be what makes it a success. You know?
– Yeah. – I like what I did there. Sorta turned it into a positive note. Thanks for watching this week. It’s been a great, fun
thing to go through. We’re gonna be doing it every month, looking at the Fails and
Bails that we’ve been sent in and awarding a prize, so thanks for getting involved. Click over here to see
our wheel size debate, and make sure you bang on the old logo there to subscribe. Give us a thumbs up like if you like hitting the ground, with your helmet on, of course.